China & the Netherlands
Chinese companies are rapidly investing in the Netherlands in every sector: from ICT to agri-food, from chemicals to energy. The other way around, Dutch companies are still increasingly more often exploring options in China. Marxman is a member of the China Collaborative Group (CCG), which enables to facilitate trade with and investment into China, as well as investments from China abroad. The CCG has been officially recognized and approved by the National Development and Reform Commission of the People’s Republic of China (NDRC), China’s highest governmental agency regarding economic and social development.
We deliver practical legal advice to clients who want to export to or import from China, or who want to set up a business over there. We also assist clients from China with their legal issues in the Netherlands. We have a network of relationships with leading Chinese law, accounting and venture capital firms, and through them a practical understanding of the different legal systems, cultures and languages.
Our China Desk group provides Corporate and Commercial, Intellectual Property, Banking and Security, Employment and Corporate Governance expertise. This includes structuring of China-based businesses, cross-border mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures and representing companies in and doing business with China. Amongst others, we advise clients amongst others in the following matters:
- Assisting companies and negotiating mergers & acquisitions and private equity transactions
- Settling disputes between companies
- Setting up legal entities in the Netherlands and China
- Establishing and enforcing patent, trademark and other intellectual property rights in the Netherlands and China
- Implementing market entry strategies regarding distribution and licensing for the Netherlands (or a wider geographical area) and China
- Advising innovative and practical structures for outbound direct investment (ODI) into the Netherlands (or a wider geographical area) and foreign direct investment (FDI) into China
- Implementing manufacturing and other outsourcing strategies in the Netherlands and China
- Facilitating supplementary banking matters in the Netherlands and China
- Facilitating further contacts of doing business in the Netherlands and China