Marxman China Desk
Doing business successfully with China
Chinese companies are trading in a growing number of sectors in the Netherlands, from ICT to agri-food and from chemicals to renewable energy. At the same time, more and more Dutch companies are seeking opportunities and possibilities in China.
Marxman forms part of the China Collaborative Group (CCG). The CCG facilitates investment requirements from China to the Netherlands and Europe and also supports companies wishing to do business in China. The CCG is officially recognised by the Chinese National Development and Reform Commission (the economic affairs ministry).
The Marxman China Desk regularly advises on imports and exports of products and incorporation of companies in China. We also support Chinese companies with legal questions in and concerning the Netherlands. For example, we advise on Company Law, Intellectual Property Rights, Banking and Finance, Labour Law and Mergers and Acquisitions. This could concern matters such as:
- restructuring of establishments in China
- supervision of mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity transactions
- solving disputes between companies
- incorporating legal entities in the Netherlands and China
- protection and enforcement of trade names, patents and other intellectual property in the Netherlands and China
- implementation of strategies for market entry (permits and licences) for the Netherlands and China
- supervision of direct or indirect corporate investments (outward direct investments and foreign direct investments) in the Netherlands and China
- outsourcing production in the Netherlands and China
- facilitating bank-related matters in the Netherlands and China
- facilitating contacts between business partners in the Netherlands and China
- representation of companies in doing business with China
Via the CCG we have an extensive network of leading Chinese lawyers, accountants and venture capital and private equity companies. As a result, we can offer you pragmatic assistance with the differences in legal systems, culture and language.